Last updated: December 21st 2016
A powerful and complete home-theater will not be if there is a versatile and potent center channel speaker to create one of the most important ambiences when watching a movie: the screen speaking directly to you. While the most modest sets of home theaters do not make use of center channels and instead redirect it to both left and right speakers simultaneously, they are really missed for those who want an immersive experience. Take a look on our list and tips of some of the best center channel speaker models in the market for your own project of a home-theater.
Best Center Channel Speakers with Reviews
This center channel model was idealized by MatinLogan to fit their fancy series of home theaters, though you surely can match it into your personal project. The Motion 8 is designed with a curvy shape for more flexibility and reliability on the distribution of the sound. 180 Watts of peak potency, works with impedance’s from 4 to 8 Ohms and also has a refined, stylish finishing on glossy black.
- RMS: 20 W Peak: 180 W
- 4 to 8 Ohms of impedance
- Frequency Response from 70Hz to 25000 KHz
- Sensitivity of 89 dB
- The build of this center channel is is wider than the typical 1” dome, what provides a much better reduction of distortion and faster response time
- The Folded Motion tweeter has a large surface creates a sound much more clear and precise. highly dynamic and precise sound
- Curved design allows you do redirect the sound towards specific listening areas
Klipsch solution for center channels is a more standard solution that works well with this kind of setups based on titanium cones. Different from our previous model, the RC52II by Klipsch is a classical fella, demands a lot of potency and provides some edgy sound, with a wattage of 500 W on peak and 125 W on RMS.
- Compatible with 8 Ohms impedance
- Response from 67Hz to 24KHz
- 125W RMS and 500W on Peak
- Sensitivity of 96dB
- Drivers made on titanium with a diaphragm compression mated to the patented Tractrix® Horn square (90° x 60°). This allows the reproduction of mid and high ranges quite crystalline and wisely oriented in different directions.
- The low frequency drivers use the patented Cerametallic cone for woofers providing bass-reflex by frontal firing ports.
JBL has a 3-way solution of central channel that is great for many home theaters that are designed especially to channel high pitched sounds. Even though voices are not necessarily high pitched, dialogs will sound much better with a channel like this since its response can go up to 40kHz. JBL is one of the best options of central channel due to this feature, even though its bass are not that lower, something the brand mostly oriented for its subwoofers.
- Impedance compatibility up to 8 Ohms
- RMS Power Range – Amplifiers 150 watts
- Sensitivity of 90 dB
- Frequency Response from 80Hz to 40kHz
- This model makes use of UHF drivers that provide some of the best high ranges up to 40kHz
- Bass-reflex patented by JBL provides deeper bass and better noise reduction
Polk has great home-theater sets and their center channel are no less great, even though will surely work much better inside their own sets. This model provides some of the best bass definitions of our list and also has a good peak potency of 125 W. They make use of the neodymium magnet resource to provide high pitches with reasonable and non aggressive outputs.
- RMS 20 W. Peak 125 W.
- Impedance compatibility up to 8 Ohm
- Audio Sensitivity of 91 dB
- Frequency Response: 53 Hz to 25 kHz
- The tweeter’s dome is made with neodymium magnet, providing its own clear and detailed sound for high pitched frequencies, you will get great vocals definition.
- Driver Bi-Laminated are designed stiff: you get rocking bass outputs and lower distortions.
Our last model, another Polk, is a little bit more modest when it comes on wide range of frequencies, but sill has a great sensibility of 89 dB. The sound will be much more detailed than usual with the use of silk domes, but this model is as well designed to work with a good set of subwoofers to compensate deeper bass definitions.
- RMS: 10W. Peak: 125 W
- Impedance of 8 Ohm
- Sensitivity of 89 dB
- Frequency response: 120 Hz – 20 kHz
- Includes The Time lens technology provides a more directional and realistic reproduction of central sounding.
- Includes an a periodic-tuned rear port so you can share bass sounds with your subwoofer harmoniously.
- Made with silk dome tweeters (crispier sound, smooth response)
What is role of Center Channel Speakers after all?
Home theaters developed to enjoy movies like you were inside a cinema room are not the same without the compensation of a great center channel speakers set. All film studios these days develop the surround sound of films making a vital use of center channel outputs to reproduce the voice and music, so you get the realistic impression the characters are in front of you in fact and speaking towards you. Subwoofers and other complementary sets of speakers are assets that will deploy a role in the ambience of the sound only when, there that big explosion of a bomb happens in the left/right/front of the characters, to simulate transit of all sorts of subjects and all this kind of realistic details. Center channels on the other hand are all the time working.
How To Find the Best Center Channel Speakers?
This will depend specifically on how you are setting your home-theater project. Is always better you stick to, at least, a gear of the same brand to make a righteous set as specs may vary very much from line to line of home-theaters and manufacturer to manufacturer. Center channels must have essentially good high and mid ranges because voices tend to be more high pitched and they will end up distorted if you end up working with frequencies way too low. Lower frequencies, on the other hand, are necessary obviously to provide deep and immersive bass sounds, so the wider the range of the center channel, always the better. However, back to our bottom line, depends on the system you are implementing. If you are going to mix a center channel with powerful subwoofers that can be deployed juxtaposed to the screen, you can focus much more on finding the center channel with the highest frequency response.
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
You have to make a meticulous research and project for your home theater to purchase your center channel accurately. All these models have a considerable wide frequency, but surely the ones with better high ranges with win the match. The prices show it, but on the hand, models like the Polk ones are developed to work in synergy with the set of the brand to which they belong. Is all a matter to match the puzzle parts wisely and depends on your choices, though the parts given here are all great for sure.