Great earphones and headsets are abundant these days in the market, but the new wave of wireless earbuds is somehow new and not all models will have great quality and provide the best you can have if you are not cautious. We developed a list with 5 of the best wireless earbuds available right now in the market and details about what they provide in therms of sound quality and wireless connectivity. Also, check our quick guide on things you should know about earbuds before you get your pair.
Our top 5 with Reviews :
Photive PH-BTE70 Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
The BTE70 developed by Photive is a great pair of earbuds for users of this type of earphones. They implemented a hardware with premium drivers as well as they include the APTX technology that provide very reliable, intense bass quality. This adds to the fact this is great pair for athletes since the model is sweat proof, includes a boards control to easily get access to answer phone calls and manage the music you are playing far from touching your phone.
- Pair of Photive wireless earbuds
- Bluetooth 4.0 included
- Rechargeable Battery – 6 Hours of Autonomy
- Operation range: 10 meters
- The drivers implemented with this pair provide a reliable rich deep bass sound.
- The APTX technology improves volume even on low quality music files and manages to adjust the volume accurately on phone calls.
- The pair is sweat proof
PLAY X STORE Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds
This PLAY X STORE model of earbuds works as a in-ear pair and is developed with many different technologies to provide clean sound in all scenarios: EDR with APTX, and CVC6.0. You get a sound as clean as possible while answering phone calls and playing music. Another great thing about these earbuds is the fact you can connect them to multiple devices at the same time. The pair is multipurpose and allow you to connect it to two different devices.
- Pair of PLAYSTORE in-ear wireless earbuds
- Includes Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery with 7 hours of autonomy on talking time
- 10 meters of wireless operation range
- Includes the +EDR with AptX technologies to match faster the Bluetooth connectivity to your devices and provides a clear stereo sound.
- Includes a HD built-in microphone
- The CVC6.0 technology reduces noise on phone calls.
- Multipoint connection (2 devices at the same time)
PLAY X STORE Stereo Wireless Sports Earbuds
PLAY X STORE developed a model specially for runners and athletes, the Stereo Sports earbuds is a fine pair of earbuds that is higly water proof – while is not recommended to let it take a dip in the ocean, you can even wash it and let it get some rain shower while you run with no worries – and surely that also includes sweat proof. Like many PLAY X STORE models, it is developed with great HD audio technologies so you can have outstanding quality sound both on calls and music playing.
- PLAYSTORE Sports in-ear wireless earbuds
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
- 10 hours of autonomy on playing
- 10 meters range
- Support to reproduce HD stereo sound with the APT-X lossless technology.
- Its water proof, can be washed (with caution to do not let is stand for too long imbued in the water).
- Magnet lock so you can keep both earbuds together when not using it.
WATER ASLEEP Stereo Earbuds
WATER ASLEEP is an American brand that has been getting more and more popular even though they are beginners in the business. This model of wireless earbuds developed by the brand is highly rated on web stores like Amazon and in fact it offer many high quality sound solutions to pair with renowned brands. The set is made of in-ear earbuds, empowered with APT-X technology and sweat proof, so you can make use of it as an athlete or for your phone calls and music listening through your phone.
- In-ear earbuds
- Bluetooth 4.1
- 3 to 5 hours of autonomy
- Includes the APT-X for high-fidelity stereo sound and clear phone calls.
- Will endure for 150 to 175 hours on standby.
- Includes profiles for hand-free calling
Apple Air Pods
Apple AirPods Pro
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
Apple is one of the best accessible earbuds in the market even if it has less audio qualities than previous models, still is praised by customers as a great solution with a standard high quality. It also includes the 4.1 Bluetooth, and autonomy of battery is up to 5 hours. This set was developed also with white noise reduction. In case you wonder why it is so accessible, the reason is it is not sweat proof, so will not work well for athletes.
- Earbuds with ear-in type of plugs
- Incudes Bluetooth connectivity, version 4.1
- 5 hours Battery
- 10m reach the operation range
- The Bluetooth includes profiles like the CVC6.0 to reduce noise
- Stereo sound of high quality with 96KHZ DAC
- You can pair it with virtual controllers
Difference between wireless earbuds, wireless earphones and wireless headphones ?
Is important firstly to notice that there are many different names in the market for the same thing, and when you read earbuds we are plainly talking about, in other words, sound speakers designed to be used attached to your ears, while earphones are designations for earbuds of the type “ear-in”. So basically, the difference between them relies on the sound provided as the ear-in earbuds are much more dense when it comes to sound definition, including powerful bass sounds that earbuds provide averagely. In our list you have seen many devices that are ear-in so you have the option to choose from standard earbuds and in-ear ones. Meanwhile, the wireless headphones will offer the ultimate sound quality as they are enclosed speakers, but the wireless connectivity of any of these devices works the same, via Bluetooth.
How to Measure Quality ?
There are some very important things to bear in mind when you are evaluating the quality of sound of a pair of wireless earbuds:
- Driver technology: most earbuds share similar driver technologies for an output sound quality, but the most dedicated brands will offer special and patented technologies. While some of the models on our list have that kind of dedicated development, you can always check the manufacturer’s manual to see more patented and special features. This is the bottom line here: what quality of hardware each brand offers and this is what mostly matters.
- Bluetooth Version: as all the sound here will be transmitted wireless, is important that the Bluetooth version is a good one. One of the main issues with Bluetooth in the first ears is the fact it didn’t provide a great rate of data transmission per second, so high quality, lossless music was something quite impossible to hear. These days Bluetooth has enough ways to play lossless files with a standard high quality, but is always good to prioritize the latest versions of the technology. The more updated, the better. This is also important because the latest versions have a better range of operation, so for you to run around or place your phone far from the earbuds requires some middle ground here that must be good enough – like 10 meters at least.
Another important aspect of latest Bluetooth versions is the integration of operation profiles that allow you to answer and make calls hands free, or to improve the quality of sound, noise reduction and so on.
- Good software: to make the transmission equally good, you have to get some decent phone call software, music player and, as well, audio files of good quality. Doesn’t matter how much powerful is the hardware of your wireless earbuds if you are trying to play mp3 files with a 128 kbps bitrate. The same goes for the audio quality of the phone calls. If your smartphone native software doesn’t work well, doesn’t receive well the call, it will likewise transmit it badly to your earbuds.
How do you measure the quality of batteries ?
Most wireless earbuds offer an average 5 hours of battery for music playing and 7 for talking and this is really good enough. If you can get more than that, all the better, but you also have to consider how much time do they take to recharge. Some batteries that offer great autonomy may take as long to recharge as they are on operation and another important factor is the hours it will endure on standby. Most earbuds offers at least 170 hours on standby – the time batteries only use energy to keep receivers on – so when brands signal that they endure more than that, is a good signal for real.
Are sweat proof earbuds something really necessary?
Yes. It really is. Are you a sedentary? Doesn’t matter, because being sweat proof still matters even though. Many iPod users – and even iPhone ones – have their own sad stories related to the quality of the Apple earphones when it comes to… sweat. Even people that doesn’t make use of those devices to run or practice any kind of sport have been through a weird situation where the rubber in the borders of their Apple earbuds started to disintegrate and melt as years go by. The answer: uric acid. It is present in our sweat and as time goes by, it will corrode materials that are reagents to it, like the Apple rubber. If you are not planning to switch your earbuds to other pair in 1 or 2 years, is better you stick to sweat proof ones.
What our Reviews Have to Say?
All these wireless earbuds models are available under the $50 quote and they provide great quality, so as you can see you don’t have to spend too much to find the best ones. Just be aware of your needs when purchasing them. If you want the best audio quality for music playing, always stick with the models that offer the most number of HD Bluetooh profiles as well as the ear-in types will provide better sound experience, not a necessity on the other hand if you are mostly planning to answer your calls and keep your phone with you while you run. All models in this list are also sold with insurance policies whose time will vary depending of the manufacturer and reseller.