Best Ceiling Speakers in 2016
Sometimes deploying a great sound system in an ambients is more than just the acoustics, but also about the aesthetics of the ambiance. Ceiling speakers are the ideal friend to set your home theater project or commercial room as they can be installed on several different points, working with moderate potency to work as a whole, and for that we understand too discreet equipment that will fit both ceiling and walls gently. Check our list of 5 of the best ceiling speakers in the market right now and some tips to purchase a good product.
These are the Best Ceiling Speakers
Yamaha NS-ICS600 Speaker
Yamaha NS-ICS600 60w+60w RMS Speaker, White/Blue
- The NS-ICS600 6.5" Single Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker (White) from Yamaha is a compact in-ceiling speaker ideal for discreet installations in home theaters, bedrooms, living rooms, and more
- The coaxial 2-way speaker design has a 6.5" blue polypropylene mica cone woofer and a pair of 1" fluid-cooled soft dome tweeters to provide clear stereo audio with a wide frequency response
- The tweeters can be swiveled for precise aiming and the most effective high frequency output. The grille is paintable and has integrated magnets for quick attachment or removal
- The speaker has a large mounting clamp with non-slip tread to firmly grip walls or ceilings for secure installation
- Slim profile design for flush in-celing or wall mounting
Yamaha speakers are often quite great designs and that’s why they are much more expensive and on top of our list. This model is sold as a single speaker, 60 W RMS potency and oriented for living ambient where it can work well for entertainment with designed structures of ambient sound, e.g., home theaters and 4.1 + channels stereo systems. The borders are completely seamless and the grid can be finished with different dyes so it will not compete with your decoration.
- One single stereo in-ceiling speaker
- Peak: 120 W, RMS: 60 W
- 65 Hz – 28 kHz
- 8 Ohms
- Ideal for the installation in living ambients, like a home theater room, living room and bedrooms.
- Cone made on polypropylene provides audio with wide frequency and clear output.
- Is seamless and the grid can be dyed
- Available on white or blue
Polk Audio RC80i In-Ceiling Speakers
Polk Audio RC80i 2-way Premium In-Ceiling 8" Round Speakers, Set of 2 Perfect for Damp and Humid Indoor/Outdoor Placement - Bath, Kitchen, Covered Porches (White, Paintable-Grille)
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SETUP or build your own Polk collection for THE SAME GREAT POLK SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable tweeter for more depth & detail in your music. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver baskets create wider dispersion for EVEN-SOUND COVERAGE
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
- OUT OF THE BOX & RECESSED INTO THE CEILING - no mess, no extra assembly - in 3 simple steps QUICKLY & EASILY INSTALL these speakers. Leave the paintable aluminum grilles as is or spray paint to MATCH YOUR EXISTING INTERIOR and virtually make them disappear
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP, has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and entertainment systems. They bring out the BEST IN TECHNOLOGY, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART!
This Polk pair is a great option of a ceiling speaker as it has a lot of great features that make it ideal for many different ambients. It is designed with a seamless finishing, so you can deploy it on your ceiling or any other surface of a room and it won’t compete with the decor, as discreet as possible. Each speaker has a RMS potency of 50 Watts and they are also developed with waterproof materials, so you can deploy it on ambients with moisture.
- Pair ceiling speakers
- Peak power: 130 Watts; RMS: 50 Watts
- 8 Ohm
- 35Hz – 20kHz
- Made with waterproof materials, so it will resist moisture and be equipped on ambients that endure this kind of element (bathrooms, saunas, etc)
- Seamless finishing
Klipsch Reference Series R-1650-C Ceiling Speaker
Klipsch R-1650-C In-Ceiling Speaker - White (Each)
- Perfect for those who want excellent performance, reliability and durability at an affordable price, the R-1650-C brings dynamic acoustic performance to both home and commercial environments.
- The R-1650-C employs a 6.5-inch polymer-cone woofer and a large motor structure for high sensitivity. A coaxially mounted 1-inch polymer-dome tweeter distributes smooth, clear highs over a wide area.
- The speakers mounting system makes installation a breeze, while its paintable aluminum grille provides added rust protection in moisture-prone areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and saunas.
- DIMENSIONS - 9.5" (24.1cm)
- CUTOUT DIMENSIONS - 8.3" (21cm)
The Klipsch speaker is a more affordable in-ceiling option of speakers to be deployed in many different ambients, from home to commerce. It has a standard potency of 35 W and also works with an impedance of 8 Ohms. The protective grid is detachable and an as well be painted. The installation of this Klipsch is also a win point since it has quite easily attachable structure and will work seamlessly as well.
- Single ceiling-in speaker
- 35 Watts RM, 140 Watts Peak
- 8 ohms
- Ideal both for domestic and commercial use.
- Its woofer’s cone is made of special polymer that outputs quite sensitive, detailed sounds.
- Can also be dyed.
Pyle PDIC80 Dual Speakers
8” Ceiling Wall Mount Speakers - Pair of 2-Way Midbass Woofer Speaker Directable 1” Titanium Dome Tweeter Flush Design w/ 55Hz-22kHz Frequency Response & 300 Watts Peak Easy Installation - Pyle PDIC80 White
- 55Hz - 22kHz FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Pyle 8” speaker system has a directable 1” titanium dome tweeter and frequency response. This flush mount speaker is pack with exceptional 4-8 ohm impedance rating and impressive 300 watts power handling capability
- 2-WAY MOUNT SPEAKER: The pair of 8” stereo sound speaker has two way of installation: in-wall or in-ceiling flush mount. It has convenient speaker terminals that allow for quick and hassle-free speaker wire connection at any custom installations
- FLUSH MOUNT DESIGN: A pair of flush mount design midbass speaker for simple and easy in-wall / in-ceiling installation. The product features 1.5'' high temperature voice coil to produce powerful, rich sound or quiet background music
- 300 WATTS PEAK: Pyle in-wall speaker system were carefully combined to reproduce sound clearly with outstanding responsiveness. It can achieve wide-ranged sound performance speakers secure as well as extending the life of the product
- EASY INSTALLATION: The product includes cut-out and overall templates for easy installation. The measurement for cut-out dimensions 9 3/8" in diameter x 3 1/2'' in depth while the overall dimensions measures 10 3/4'' in diameter x 3 1/2'' in depth
This is the first of two Pyle speakers on our list. The PDIC80 is the model made on resilient and quite traditional construct of titanium when it comes to the tomes and cones of the speakers. The sound will be much more clean and edgy, you can yet redirect the sound adjusting the angle of the cones. Has a 300 W of peak potency and works with both 4 and 8 Ohms of impedance.
- A pair of stereo ceiling speakers
- 300 Watts of potency on Peak
- 55Hz – 22kHz
- 4-8 Ohm Impedance
- The tome tweeter of these speakers is adjustable, so you can move it to different directions to redirect the sound according to the ambient.
- Cones made of titanium which makes the sound vibrate much cleaner.
Pyle PDIC60 Speaker System
6.5'' In-Wall/In-Ceiling Midbass Speakers (Pair) - 2-Way Woofer Speaker System Directable 1” Titanium Dome Tweeter Flush Mount Design w/ 65Hz - 22kHz Frequency Response 250 Watts Peak - Pyle PDIC60
- 65Hz - 22kHz FREQUENCY RESPONSE: Pyle, 6.5” speaker system has a directable 1” titanium dome tweeter and frequency response. This flush mount speaker is pack with exceptional 4-8 ohm impedance rating and impressive 250 watts power handling capability
- 2-WAY MOUNT SPEAKER: The pair of 6.5” stereo sound speaker has two ways to install: in-wall or in-ceiling flush mount. It has convenient speaker terminals that allow for quick and hassle-free speaker wire connection at any custom installations
- FLUSH MOUNT DESIGN: A pair of flush mount design midbass speaker for simple and easy in-wall / in-ceiling installation. The product includes the cutout dimension at 7 7/8'' in diameter x 2 3/4'' in depth
- LOUD AND CLEAR: Pyle in-wall speaker system were carefully combined to reproduce sound clearly with outstanding responsiveness. The Achieve wide-ranged sound performance speakers secure as well as extending the life of the product
- ELEGANT AND STRONG: It has an elegant white look perfect for home or indoor ceiling cabinet enclosure wall. It is secure with a bracket that supports 6.39 lbs. speaker in overall dimension at 9” diameter x 2 ¾” depth
The last Pyle of our list is not that different from the PDIC 80 model, only a bit less potent. While the other model provides 300 W on peak, this one is a 250 W. Apart from that, the PDIC 60 is also a speaker with tweeters made of platinum, has adjustable cones and also works with 4 to 8 Ohms impedance.
- Pair of stereo ceiling speakers
- 250 Watts of potency
- Impedance of 4 to 8 Ohm
- Detachable grid can also be dyed
- More affordable than the previous model and still offers a respectful potency of Watts
What is a ceiling speaker?
They are no different than any other conventional speakers when it comes to potency and sound quality, but their structure is designed to fit the surfaces of a room seamlessly so it feels like part of the decorative composition discreetly. Ceiling speakers also have special outputs to ease the electric installation.
How To Find the Best One?
If you are planning on installing these speakers on different areas of the room aparts from just the ceiling, you have to consider not only how seamless the final results of the deployment will look, but also the possibility to dye the grid, so you will have more flexibility even if someday you plan to change completely the painting of the ambient.
There are also special ceiling speakers designed with waterproof materials so you can install them on ambients that suffer the action of steam and moisture in general. Pay attention to these details.
You also have to be careful about the technical specification to fit the central stereo system where you are about to link these speakers. Do not purchase more than your sound system can handle.
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
The key feature here that makes these speakers clearly different between one each other is their final output of potency. You do not have to necessarily get the most robust of them, since ceiling speakers work “In team”, they contribute with a whole. The most powerful ones will surely be necessary for big ambients, while conventional rooms can use something much more demure. All these speakers are available on white color but if you can always check the availability of different hues.