The Bluetooth technology is here for a while when it comes to convenience on the way you enjoy your car’s audio system since you can stream a lot of multimedia content using this wireless technology and keeping your car tidy, free of cables, as well as your hands can be kept quite free and on charge of the wheel. Check our list with 5 of the best Bluetooth car stereo systems available in the market and what you need to know before you get yours.
Top 5 Models with Reviews
BOSS AUDIO BV9364B Stereo
No products found.
BOSS is an authority when it comes to audio technologies and their Bluetooth stereo car system is no different. This model runs a huge amount of multimedia formats, from audio to video, has an unique set of equalizer and other settings to adjust the quality of audio and, of course, its Bluetooth system is one of the most advanced, including the presence of the A2DP Profile for high definition sound quality for both streaming of music and phone calls.
- Bluetooth Profiles for Hands Free and Audio Streaming (with the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- Includes USB port, micro SD port, Inputs for rear camera and steering wheel control
- Includes versatile Equalizer with subwoofer level control
- You can stream or play wired music with the best resourses for sound adjustment
- This stereo system has double the number of ports than other models (and reads Micro SD cards)
BOSS Audio BV9976B Car Stereo
- Bluetooth - Answer/make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side. Play and control your music and apps like Spotify/Pandora wirelessly
- Media Playback - Play music through your Bluetooth device, pop in a CD/DVD or use the USB/SD ports. Digital media support include MP3 and WMA file formats. Tune into the AM/FM radio stations for up to date music/news/sports and more
- Inputs - The USB/SD ports gives you the option to have a vast library of audio files at your fingertips. The auxiliary input is a convenient way to hook up to your MP3 player/device. USB charging available
- Auxiliary - Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players.
- Outputs - Use the front & rear pre-amp outputs to hook up your speakers (front left / front right and rear left / rear right. The video output allows you to connect an extra screen for more viewing capability
This BOSS model is just the same as the previous one, but is made for Single DIN chassis with 7 inches – while all other models are manufactured for conventional 2DIN displays (6.2 inches). Apart from that, everything else here is just the same and as great, including the price on promotional sale.
- Bluetooth profiles: Hands-Free, Wideband Speech and Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP)
- DVD, USB port, SD Card,
- Auxiliar input port, rear camera, steering wheel control and many other outputs
- Equalizer and subwoofer controller
- Has the same features just as the BV9364B but manufactured for 7 inches displays and has a single DIN
- You can even set the controls’ display to specific colors
Pioneer AVH270BT Bluetooth Car Stereo
- 6. 2" WVGA Touchscreen with LED Backlight Display
- Bluetooth hands-free calling & audio streaming
- 5-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
This Pioneer model is one of the best acquisitions you can have these days as it was released in October 2014 and has one of the latest Bluetooth versions. It works as an audio streamer and wideband speech phone answer, as well as it includes all other features most car stereos have (touchscreen, DVD player, USB connections and more).
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile for phone calling and audio streaming
- Bluetooth Wideband Speech Profile for high quality audio of phone calls
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile for the best audio stream via Bluetooth
- DVD player
- USB port
- Auxiliar input port
- You can answer phone calls with the high definition of sound
- The audio streaming is provided by the best version so far of Bluetooth
JVC KW-R910BT Car Stereo
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Wired-Mic included)
- Hands Free Call (HFP1.6 Wideband Speech)
- Audio Streaming & Control (A2DP, AVRCP)
This JVC Bluetooth car stereo is in fact a specific model developed only for audio reproduction. You will not get video features like DVD and inputs for camera rear, though it costs much less than the previous models of our list and offers all you need essentially from a Bluetooth car stereo: several profiles for audio stream, answering calls and compatibility with all sort of smartphones.
- Includes Hands Free, Audio streaming and A2DP profiles
- Auxiliary port for iPhone
- USB port
- Works especially with smartphones, both Android and iOS systems.
- Integration between Bluetooth streaming and music app players developed by JVC to play music from all sort of sources
- Built-In Bluetooth for Hands-Free Calling and Wireless Audio Streaming. Built-in HD Radio, Spotify, Works with Pandora, SiriusXM Ready
- USB Direct Control For iPOD/iPHONE
- 3 RCA Preouts (2V) Pioneer ARC App Compatible FLAC Audio Playback
- Dual-zone color illumination allows you to customize the color of the text on-screen as well as select another color for the button illumination
- Over 210,000 colors are available. The 10-level brightness control allows you to customize the brightness of your screen.
The last model of our list is also a Bluetooth car stereo oriented only for music reproduction and, as well, is much more accessible when it comes to price. Offers the same Bluetooth profiles, compatible with iPhone/iPods, Android and will as well pair with your phone when you get in the car and manage your calls.
- All basic Bluetooth profiles for phone calls and audio streaming
- USB and aux. port
- Especially compatible with Android OS
- Has the best cost-benefit of our list for a Bluetooth car stereo
- Includes the built-in compatibility with most music stream apps other devices offer
What is a Bluetooth Car Stereo after all?
Most cars have one way or another an audio system that syncs phones, portable music devices and other sort of multimedia, but after the success of the Bluetooth technology to transfer files from different electronic devices through a wireless connection, the car industry invested on this kind of convenience to make its audio systems much more versatile. A Bluetooth car stereo enables you to sync your smartphone and receive phone calls via wireless through your car audio system, then you keep your hands on the wheels and can still answer your phone with no major distractions. Plus, you can listen to music wirelessly streaming songs from your phone, iPod, Pandora and other music apps or any other music device that makes use of Bluetooth technologies. Less cables, less ports required to connect your devices, much more convenience after all.
How To Find the Best One?
The secret here depends on your priorities using the convenience of Bluetooth. Most people enjoy this feature on car stereo system because of the phone synch and not exactly for HD music streaming, and for the matter of phone convergence, what you need is a device that offers the biggest number of Bluetooth profiles to access your phone. All models of our list offer the essential ones (Hands Free and Wide Band Speech) but some of them offer some extras, like access to your phone contact book, managing two phones at the same time and so on. It requires a check on the manufacturers manual to see exactly what these models offer as a plus.
On the other hand, if you want to specifically make use of it to enjoy the streaming of music wirelessly, the rule of Thumb here is, prioritize the latest models because, the truth is, Bluetooth became useful to stream music only in the last 5 years – or less. The problem for music streaming was always the fact Bluetooth connections are not that generous to stream music with high quality because they are not that much fast, so if you have a set of several .flac or .wave files, Bluetooth will chew up a lot of this uncompressed quality. For .mp3 and .m4a conventional files though, is all good and you can still enjoy this kind of music on its original quality. But the more updated is the Bluetooth hardware, the better, as it will be much more efficient.
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
Your options here are basically divided by systems that are multimedia and play both audio and video and the ones that run strictly audio, including the phone convenience. Your budget will surely dictate the final word here as the difference of prices are not that big, and the most expensive devices offer the video convenience – including ports to connect rear cameras – so is a matter of saving for better investments or a matter of what you really need from a Bluetooth car stereo, in other words, simply an efficient Bluetooth convergence.