Last updated: July 21st 2020
Sometimes all you need is a simple two channel stereo quality system to boost your audio experience, even though not all 2.1 speakers systems are the same or provide the same quality for a similar budget. Take a look on a selection of 5 of the best 2.1 speakers in the market and know what is the great deal of each one of them to match your purposes.
These are Best 2.1 Speakers for 2017:
This Klipsch 2.1 speakers system is the most oriented one for computer use in our list, even though it can work as well with any other stereo systems and devices providing a powerful sound experience. Much different than the slight bass capacity of our previous model, this Klipsch ProMedia is really intended for great performance with a 130 W subwoofer channel and 2 satellites each one with 35 W. The great thing about this system though it its resources for digital audio improvement. The ProMedia is developed for the THX digital technology most gaming and high end multimedia computers have integrated. Plus, Klipsch offers an exclusive software to improve even more the quality of digital audio.
- Three pieced 2.1 speakers audio system
- 1 subwoofer with 130 W of potency
- 2 satellites speakers, 35 W of potency each
- Developed oriented for the THX digital audio technology.
- Excellent system for gaming, digital audio appreciation, with the Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn software that maximizes the performance of digital audio
- This system provides powerful bass quality. Its subwoofer is one of the most potent for this price and for 2.1 systems.
- Compatible with most audio devices, including game consoles.
Logitech is a famous brand with several different audio solutions. Their 2.1 speakers system is one of the best you can surely have, especially because it has the same potency of systems likes the Klipsch one but for a much more affordable quote and Logitech is no little thing when it comes to quality. The set also consists on 2 satellites 35 W each one and a powerful subwoofer with 130 W of potency. The Z623 also works with the THX technology and has RCA inputs so you can connect many different kinds of devices.
- Model of reference: 980-000402
- 1 130 W of potency subwoofer
- 2 35 W (each) satellite speakers
- Compatible with several digital devices (3.5mm RCA inputs)
- This set also works integrated with THX audio technology
- Has controls for volume, on/off switch and bass on the speakers
- Includes RCA inputs to plug many digital devices, from portables to DVD players. It also has a headphone jack.
This Cyber Acoustics model is another computer oriented set, though it is much more limited to only this kind of use. While it offers a great capacity for a set of computer speakers (30 W), the subwoofer channel is the most modest of our list and is equivalent in force with the capacity of the satellite speakers. This will not provide great contrasts of sound but it will sound just as good for convenient digital audio enjoyment. This model also has an exclusive – and great – wireless pod control. You can adjust volume, bass, and other settings by distance and, plus, you can connect your headphones or auxiliar speakers through it.
- Model of reference: CA-3602FFP
- Three pieced 2.1 speakers set
- Two satellite speakers and a subwoofer channel, 10 W each
- Includes a separate control wireless pod with headphone jack and auxiliary input
- This set is quite convenient for digital audio experiences. While it is not that much powerful as the previous models – and not a solution for gaming – it offers a good sound equalization.
- Its exclusive wireless pod is extremely convenient and the outstanding pro feature of this set. You can set the volume and other audio features by distance with this pod in your hands. As well, you can plug headphones and extra speakers.
The last set of 2.1 speakers of our list is the modest 3 pieced model developed by Creative, which is a brand strictly focused on computer solutions and this set is not developed focusing on computers solely, but limited to it. It will hardly have a great performance with different audio purposes like to set a movie theater alternative speaker solution or to play that nice vinyl of your LP’s collection. It is designed for computer digital audio, will work efficiently with digital audio but will not provide a quite rich sound as other models, it is still an excellent 2.1 system for the qualities it provides under the specifications of this kind of stereo system. The satellites have 2 watts of potency while the subwoofer offers 5 W. For its quite accessible price it is actually a great option for people who are looking for a robust computer speakers.
- 3 pieced 2.1 speakers set
- 2 satellites with 2 W of potency each
- 1 subwoofer with 5W
- Smart design for even distribution of sound around computer structures
- Includes the DSE (Dual Slot Enclosure) and IFP (Image Focusing Plate) design technologies, the first improves the distribution of frequency through the speakers cabinets and the second improves the distribution of the sound from the satellites in a tight ambiance.
- Controls integrated to the satellite right channel.
What is a 2.1 Speakers System after all?
Audio terminologies sometimes might be a bit tricky to understand, but the thing is not that difficult to get. The 2.1 speakers are the traditional stereo audio that you know since ever. One left and one right channel with the aid of a subwoofer channel. The first two are known as satellites since they “orbit” around the bigger subwoofer cabinet, and they are responsible for mid bass and high frequencies sounds. The subwoofer on the other hand will provide the deep bass sounds. The 2.1 speaker sets are quite simple as it seems. The “.1” always means the presence of a subwoofer, while systems with a bigger number before the dot 1 answer for the number of different channels the system contains.
How To Find the Best 2.1 Speakers?
The bigger the potency, the better. That is the Rule of Thumb for the best 2.1 speakers set because you will want to prioritize quality here over anything else. There are many of these systems that are developed for computer only use, and they will be quite good for it, but limited to only that. As you have seen on our list, there are sets with monstrous subwoofers that can set fire on your spring break party. If you can, always opt for better potency, specially because the differences of prices are not outrageous.
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
In case you already have a more potent audio system for home theater or music appreciation purposes, you don’t have to go so strong for the most refined sets of our list. On the other hand, you have nothing to lose if you invest on the most expensive ones due to the great bass quality and amplification in general of the speakers, all that for less than $200. It really worths the investment.