Often TV sets come with great screens, even if the TV is not that large, the visuals are outstanding, but what is gain in definition of image is lost in quality of sound. TV sound bar sets are an essential addition to anyone who would like to implement a good set of speakers to make the experience of watching TV as great as possible and, however, doesn’t have the requires physical space to deploy a home theater system. There are plenty great sets of TV sound bars out there and we made a great list for you with 5 of the best tv sound bar sets available these day. Check our list and our quick guide to also get to know what good tv sound bars must offer to your sound experience.
Best Soundbar for TV with Reviews :
LG Electronics LAS551H Sound Bar
- 2.1 Channel 100 Watts
- Bluetooth Streaming
- Wired Subwoofer
- Adaptive Sound Control (ASC)
LG is adequately inserted in the market of stereo systems, and this compact model of a set of sound bar is a great option for people looking for a boost to their standard TV speakers. This model works with 2.1 channels and the subwoofer as usual in this kind of set, is separate from the bar and works wireless. Since it was released in 2105, you get one of the latest versions of Bluetooth (4.1) being able to stream sound and music with the best HD quality as possible. There are also some generous number of ports to connect devices via HDMI connections as well as one optical port and USB service.
- Sound bar with 2 speakers
- Wireless subwoofer included
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes 2 HDMI ports (1 Output, 1 input), one optical port and a USB service port.
- The soundbar is mountable on wall, ideal for 40” TV’s
- The multiports enable you to even watch old stuff media while recent releases on digital media can be executed with the HDMI ports.
Samsung HW-J355 Sound bar
- 37-Inch 120 W (2.1 channels)
- Subwoofer: Wired 5.25"
- Bluetooth Connectivity enabled, Wall Mountable
- Plastic caps covering the tips of the connectors on the optical cable needs to be removed prior to installation.
- Inputs: USB, Bluetooth, TV Sound Connect, Optical
Samsung made a tidily designed set of sound bar even though it is just 2.1 channels (and with an unusual wired subwoofer), but works with some outstanding quality – due to the Samsung unique hardware. The set also offers focused connection via Bluetooth, even though there is an option of a optical aux. port and USB port. One of the nicest things about this set is the automated connection of the set with your devices. Samsung developed an dedicated app so you can control the sound through your cellphone, tablet or any other device that can run the app and connect via Bluetooth. It makes the also available remote control only a supportive device while you can do a lot of things through the app.
- 2.1 channel sound bar
- Wired subwoofer
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Optical port and USB port
- Is developed to work wirelessly (even though the subwoofer is wired) via Bluetooth connection.
- Includes a Samsung’s app to manage the audio through your telephone
- Will run several audio formats like MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG as well as lossless formats like FLAC and WAV
VIZIO S3820W-C0B Sound Bar
- 98dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion (Sound Pressure Level measured using pink noise at 1 meter, C-weighted. Total harmonic distortion calculated as electrical measurement of amplifier distortion)
- Deep Bass Modules add serious low end frequency without the need for an external subwoofer
- Connect to your TV with an easy, one-cable setup (analog and digital cables included in the box) - The perfect complement to any small to medium size HDTV
- Wirelessly stream your music from a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth
This VIZIO model is a 2.0 design that compensates a lot even though it doesn’t comes with a subwoofer, the set has built-in powerful speakers with deep bass. This provides very reliable bass sounds with no need of external subwoofer and to match this, VIZIO integrates the DTS Tru Surround that simulates surround systems, making it great with no need of rear speakers to give the best realistic sound experiences. The sound bar is also mountable on the wall. This set is 38” long, matching TV’s that have similar dimensions.
- 2.0 sound bar system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Includes remote
- Integrated deep bass
- Ideal for physical spaces where you can’t implement a subwoofer as this sound bar already includes powerful speakers with bass output.
- Includes DTS TruSurround to simulate surround system with no need of rear speakers
SCEPTRE SB301523 2.1 Sound bar
- Length & Power Output: 32-inch 60W (2.1 channels) – ideal for 32-inch and larger TVs
- Subwoofer: Yes
- Connectivity: 1 AUX IN, Stereo RCA Input (White & Red Analog), 1 SPDIF (Digital)
- Wall Mountable: yes; Remote Included: yes
- Inputs: 1 AUX IN, Stereo RCA Input (White & Red Analog), 1 SPDIF (Digital)
The American brand SCEPTRE developed a neat 2.1 channel system of speakers that pairs with sets of many other more popular brands. They also make their compact version of a 2.1 set for small spaces with a convenient built-in subwoofer. The idea of this set is preferentially to be mounted on wall as it doesn’t have the external separate subwoofer, and it accurately fits 32” TV sets. Includes also many different ports to wired solutions.
- 2.1 channel surround sound bar
- Built-in wireless
- Includes aux. input, RCA Inputs and 1 SPDIF Digital port.
- Includes remote control
- Has built-in subwoofer channel
- Preferentially mountable on wall to save space. Fits sets of 32” TVs.
VIZIO SB2920-C6 29” Sound bar
- 2.0 Premium Audio The VIZIO 2.0 Sound Bar is an easy way to enhance your audio experience when watching your favorite content on the TV. The full-range stereo speakers boost your audio, while DTS technologies simulate incredible surround sound
- Bluetooth Streaming Lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger from anywhere in the room. (Performance and compatibility among Bluetooth devices may vary.)
- Easy Setup With everything you need for a quick and easy setup, upgrading to a powerful audio experience has never been easier. Connect the Sound Bar to your TV using one of the included cables, sit back and enjoy
- Features DTS Studio Sound, DTS TruVolume and DTS TruSurround
- Ergonomic Remote for convenient access to volume, input and audio controls
This second VIZIO model is quite similar to the C0B but it is designed with shorter dimensions, though it includes same features that are part of the former set, like the DTS TruSurround. This C6 also comes with the DTS TruVolume, which adjust correctly discrepancies of volume throughout music or during movies. You also count with a remote and built-in set of buttons. Surely mountable on wall as well.
- 2.0 channel sound bar system
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes DTS TruVolume and DTS TruSurround
- Integrates well with 32” TV sets
- Mimics deep bass and surround system with no need of rear speakers and a separate subwoofer.
What Are the Advantages of this list?
As you can see, all them are 2.1 or 2.0 systems, they are the must have for any one looking for better speakers for a TV set but not willing to spend too much. While there are more boosted types of TV sound bar sets, these are an excellent start for anyone looking for an improved surround experience. All sets here are quite affordable and available on promotional sale, even though none of them is outdated, most of these models were released in 2015 and include top notch ultimate technologies, including the Bluetooth versions that are quite essential for wireless connectivity with HD quality.
What a Good sound bar set Must Offer?
Like all models presented here, doesn’t matter whether the model comes or not with an external subwoofer, a good set must offer complete solutions for sound definition. A good set must offer great high and mid range frequencies but never neglect the low bass frequencies. Built-in subwoofers or patented exclusive technologies with improved speakers for bass definition are essential to make it all complete. Likewise, you don’t have to use your TV sound bar only to watch TV, you can also enjoy music with it, so the more different formats of audio files it can execute, the better.
What our Reviews Have to Say?
The differences between these models are basically different solutions for good replacements of TV speakers, each one with its advantages when it comes to space, aesthetics (mountable on wall or not) and, of course, exclusive features. While differences of quality between brands also matters here, this is more subtle to taste and we recommend some personal research to find out what suits better your ears, but all these models offer similar quality and the prices discrepancies often refer to the presence of external subfwoofers and the prestige of brands so is up to your budget on what you can deposit your investment here.